Saturday, February 02, 2008

Food & Tea



Watched Cloverfield this afternoon with my friends. Two words: interesting, nauseous...haha...as you may have already heard, the entire movie was shot from a handycam so the entire journey is pretty jerky. In my opinion, best to watch this on tv instead. Halfway through I was feeling rather dizzy. But all in all, the movie is good. It's not your usual 5 star blockbuster movie. However, I think it could have improved on the storyline and provide some follow-up after the whole incident. Worth the watch if you're looking for something refreshing. Warning: Do Not Eat Before The Movie...or even during haha...I didn't finish the popcorn for the first time!

Rating: 6.5/10



After the movie, we headed for Food & Tea. It's a new restaurant at Kinta City. My first time there. They have pretty much the same sort of food you'd find at Kim Gary. I like the decor of the place. Before I show you the food...a little introduction of my friends:



This is Chin Kit. Looking suave with the new hairstyle and spectacles haha...but I just realised he's much shorter than I remembered. Just slightly taller than me.



Chee Sheng, my friend back since high school. Just graduated and back from Australia for Chinese New Year.



The unwilling models...tsk tsk...still got both of you in one shot anyway :P



Last but not least, Oi Leng. Yay...a fine model you make, girl! I likey! Like your hair! Haha..this is who I always go out with when I come back and this is also my source of anime :)



Haha..Ice las-ka...Alaska? Didn't order this but it was in the menu.



Chin Kit ordered kaya toast. According to him:
well.. it was kinda oily u can see it.. with the butter on top. other than that..it was nice.



Oi Leng ordered the above.  I forgot the name...chicken cube...portugese sauce...something like that. I asked if it was good or so-so...she said so-so but the sauce was nice. I think the sauce contained turmeric.



And I had the cheese baked rice with chicken wings. Lots of cheese and some cream too. The chicken was nice but I prefer the one at Kim Gary...more cheesy and tastes better.



After lunch was over, we parted ways with Chee Sheng. Chin Kit fetched Oi Leng and I home...but haha..weekend crowd got us stuck in a traffic jam just outside Kinta City. And so....When you're stuck in a jam....it's time to snap some photos!





Oi Leng, you look kawaii! Haha...Thanks CK for fetching me home!

So there was my outing today. A bit shorter than usual when I go out with Oi Leng but anyway got some new anime stock to watch when I go back to uni. Bwahaha...I lent Hana Kimi to Oi Leng! She will soon be infactuated with Ikuta Toma!!! :)

Anyway, when I came home yesterday...this was the first thing I did...


Found this in my cupboard. I sent the cloth to the tailor's during the holidays and daddy had collected it for me...hehe..this, my friends, is the uniform for MPDL (Majlis Penghuni Desasiswa Lembaran). It's supposed to be purple but it looks kind of bluish..that's ok..I like it.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, the MPDL baju kurung looks nice....

    A lot nicer than the Exco-Lembaran-Technician shirt.... =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. :P haha..this one is our official batik..the F1 shirt is I don't know what is it for..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. here to leave my footprint to show that I actually did visit your blog. =p lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...yes yes...haha please come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! too bad I couldn't meet you in December. Have a wonderful CNY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey lilian! It's alright..weird schedules to blame haha..Anyway Happy Chinese New Year to you too! Back from Singapore?

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Adrian, HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE INTEGRITY OF MPDL!!!
    YOU SHALL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE!!!

    To Li Ann, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Li Ann's Food Trail & Random Places


 

Copyright © 2011 All Rights Reserved li-ann.blogspot.com
Blogger Templates. Sponsored by Link Page Report Card