Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tremors in Nibong Tebal

While I was taking my bath this evening, suddenly I heard the doors of the other empty cubicles knocking against the wall repeatedly. I wondered if someone was there knocking on the door or was it just the wind. It went on for a few seconds and then it stopped.

When I got back to my room, my roommates were asking me whether I felt dizzy a few moments ago. Then they told me that there was an earthquake. I don't think a lot of people here felt the tremors. I for one didn't but I did hear the effects of it. Many of my friends here didn't realise either. I guess you can't really feel anything when you're on the ground. Only those who were at the hostel  and library felt the tremors.

For more news on the earthquake, you can check out the links below:
http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/2/20/nation/20080220191502&sec=nation

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/2/20/worldupdates/2008-02-20T181314Z_01_NOOTR_RTRMDNC_0_-320498-4&sec=Worldupdates

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/2/20/apworld/20080220173749&sec=apworld

4 comments:

  1. wow.... earthquake ar. but this is not the first time dy in Penang.
    anyway, are you changing it into a foode's blog? =D

    I appreciate the great pics....too bad can't try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..looks like a food blog huh? I'm trying to keep it balanced but everytime I go out I'll be trying some new food so...haha...

    by the way Breeks is from Singapore, if I'm not mistaken...yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DID NOT FALL DOWN THE STAIRS AND CAUSED THE TREMORS GODDAMMIT!!!
    Hahahahahahaha...
    Just in case you know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaa...

    *serious tone* are you sure?

    ReplyDelete

Li Ann's Food Trail & Random Places


 

Copyright © 2011 All Rights Reserved li-ann.blogspot.com
Blogger Templates. Sponsored by Link Page Report Card