Monday, October 13, 2008

嵐 Arashi


From left:
Ohno Satoshi (大野智) - Leader
Matsumoto Jun (松本潤)
Aiba Masaki (相葉雅紀)
Sakurai Sho (櫻井翔)
Ninomiya Kazunari (二宮和也)
 
Together they are known as...
嵐 ARASHI

Although Arashi has been around since 1999, I've only recently started taking notice of them. Most of it due to watching Japanese dramas with Matsumoto Jun in them and then listening to some of the theme songs by Arashi. Initially, I thought yea just another group with some good songs to go around. Then I stumbled upon some tv shows they hosted. One of which I got my hands on was Mago Mago Arashi. I thoroughly enjoyed the show especially those episodes on "Ichi nichi mago ni narimasu" (Grandchild for a Day). The tv shows they hosted manage to project their image and personality.


Frankly speaking, without those tv shows, Arashi is just regular boyband which I would equate to the Backstreet Boys. Well, they sing in unison, have 2 or 3 main singers, do synchronised dancing...and yea also 5 boys in the group... =p

Ohno Satoshi = Brian Littrell
Matsumoto Jun = Nick Carter
Aiba Masaki = Kevin Richardson
Sakurai Sho = AJ Mclean
Ninomiya Kazunari = Howie D

Haha...Just my thoughts...


Seriously, the first time I watched their concert video, I thought of the Backstreet Boys - the typical boyband. But with those tv shows, they are definitely not your regular boyband.


The following are my thoughts on each member after "getting to know" their "image"...


Ohno Satoshi
The "new age leader who does not lead", as said by the other members, is the accidental leader after winning "jan-ken-pon". What I like most about Ohno is that he can dance really well. Also, I feel that he has the most genuine character among the members. He cares and worries about others a lot although sometimes he's not very sensitive towards his surroundings. I also think that he is the most manly guy in the group. Not very handsome but kakkoiiiiiiiiiiiii...Oh I forgot to mention that this guy's voice is total bliss...he can so survive as a solo singer! I love his voice!


Matsumoto Jun
This is the first Arashi member I came across. I first saw him in Gokusen but that was a mediocre show. Then I saw him on Hana Yori Dango and that was the beginning of Arashi for me. I think that he's a very good actor and a perfectionist. I feel that he is the type of person who works really hard to get things right and no matter what he does, he tries to give his 100% most of the time. He has very sharp facial features which makes him stand out. However, he has mood swings and can seem quite cold sometimes. I think that he's trying too hard at times...


Aiba Masaki
I like this guy the mosssstttttttttttttt!!! Totally my kinda guy! In terms of looks that is...haha...not to mention he's the athletic type. Even though he can be the most baka guy in the group, he's really cute! He acts really silly and funny...Ohno and Aiba are the 2 people in Arashi who always makes me laugh. I also feel that Aiba is a very kind and sincere person :) Plus...his voice is oh so good :p 


Sakurai Sho
My least favourite member...I don't really know why...but that's how I feel. Also, he totally ruined my image of Takemoto Yuta acted by Ikuta Toma in Honey and Clover. To be fair, I did watch the JDrama before the movie in which Sakurai played the same character as Ikuta. Actually, I watched only the first 5 minutes of the movie and yes mainly because Sakurai was acting as Takemoto, I stopped watching. At that time I wasn't into Arashi yet and didn't know who he was. I only found out recently that he was that guy who acted in the movie....But even now, I don't want to watch the movie....Ikuta Toma's absolutely the best!!!!!


Ninomiya Kazunari
Really amazing guy! He can play the piano and the guitar very well. I've not watched Letters From Iwo Jima which Ninomiya acted in, but I did hear that his performance was very well received. I would like to watch the movie someday. I feel that he's sort of different from the other members...How do I put it.... He has a different sort of atmosphere about him...I don't know... Anyway, Ninomiya is a petite guy and too thin for my liking although he's quite ok actually...and oh he can really move.....


So there you have it...Arashi! I can't get enough of them and their antics at the moment...I just like people who can host really well...like Ryan Seacrest :) It's a really tough job, but these people pull it off pretty good.


I crave for more Arashi stuff to watch!!! Recently, I watched Maou with Ohno Satoshi and Ikuta Toma playing a double-lead role but that post is for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Li Ann's Food Trail & Random Places


 

Copyright © 2011 All Rights Reserved li-ann.blogspot.com
Blogger Templates. Sponsored by Link Page Report Card