Saturday, October 25, 2008

Maou

As mentioned in my previous post, I watched Maou (The Devil), a Japanese drama starring Ohno Satoshi and Ikuta Toma.

Maou is based on another Korean drama, Ma Wang. I've never watched the Korean version so I can't compare the two. But my guess is that they are likely the same. This is suppose to be a suspense drama with a bit of romance in it.


Laziness sets in, thus I'm going to skip the storytelling and go straight to the review. If you're interested in the storyline, you can Google or Wiki the title :p 


The main reason I decided to watch Maou was because of.................Ikuta Toma ;) Yes, Ohno Satoshi, the Arashi leader is in it too...but me being me...was completely oblivious to whoever this Ohno guy was.


Well anyway, after I watched Maou, I was slightly disappointed. Despite the interesting storyline, I find the pace to be rather slow and felt that it could have been better. Also perhaps after watching Ikuta Toma in light-hearted dramas and Ohno Satoshi acting silly, it was hard to imagine these two playing more serious roles. It's the total opposite of what I'm used to seeing.


However, I would like to commend Ohno Satoshi's performance. I think he did quite well and definitely deserved the Best Actor award at the 12th Nikkan Sports Grand Prix [:'( sadddd Toma didn't winnnnnn]. The picture below which appears during the opening theme totally spooks me...the resemblance is just............................................


Oh ya...while watching the drama, I realised that after just a few episodes, it was either my eyes playing with me or that Ohno got really tanned! The truth? I found out from an episode of Tokyo Friend Park............Ohno went FISHING during the production of Maou......... =.=" he loves fishing so much that he doesn't think about the "colour" difference in the drama...........


Anyhow, this drama is worth watching as it tears away from the many happy ending jdramas out there.



*SPOILER ALERT*



/

//

///

////

/////

/////

//////

///////

////////

Everybody dies in the end....

////////

///////

//////

/////

////

///

//

/



*SPOILER OVER*


Wrapping things up with something worth mentioning.....I TOTALLY LOVE THE THEME SONG!!! It's called Truth by Arashi. Totally awesome song and the music video is pretty nice too :) You gotta check it out!


My rating for Maou: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Li Ann's Food Trail & Random Places


 

Copyright © 2011 All Rights Reserved li-ann.blogspot.com
Blogger Templates. Sponsored by Link Page Report Card