Saturday, January 31, 2009

Macedoine Dining


Where? Queensbay? You sure?

That's the usual reaction I get when I tell people about Macedoine. Not suprising though as this little cafe is situated at the "not so famous" North Zone entrance of Queensbay. I remember the first time I saw this place...I browsed at the very limited menu they had displayed then proceeded elsewhere for lunch...hehe...but anyway, I gave this place a try during new year...I know that was like a month ago???!!! haha...bear with me :p


Yes, dear friends, the photo above shows the entire kitchen plus the cashier's table at Macedoine. This really is a very small place as you can see, the sitting area in the photo below is really limited. It looks more like a small family operated business in this huge mall of franchises.




I had the Specialty Macedoine Deep Fried Seafood which was alright. Everything was piled on top of the potato wedges. I loved the baguette that came with the dish...very crispy and fragrant. At first I thought the portion was rather small as I had expected a larger serving of fish but overall it was just nice for me.

Meanwhile, Adrian had the Macedoine Signature Dish Breaded Chicken Chop. He was a bit disappointed as it didn't really seemed like breaded chicken chop but still not bad. Again, everything was piled on top of the potato wedges and yes in a unique triangular shaped plate.


What I like most about this place is the pricing. The price is very reasonable for a restaurant located in a shopping complex except for the soup..RM7.20 is really baffling compared to the pricing of all the other dishes...maybe it comes in a really large serving??? Anyway, we didn't order that. Have you tried the soup? Let me know...


Hmm...I just noticed that I like taking photos of menus. I guess it's simply because I'd like to know what is served and the pricing before actually checking out the place...ahem..yea so I'd bring enough money too haha... Many restaurants just don't have a website displaying their menu and price :p


Location:
Macedoine
North Zone Entrance,
Queensbay Mall,
Penang.


Oh look! My little shop...Adrian took this photo at the entrance of Jusco. So sweet of him... By the way, I'm not associated to the shop in any way.




4 comments:

  1. Adrian Hew31/1/09 9:23 pm

    I love their potato wedges!!!


    Are u sure that's not ur shop? =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh...it was nice but ugh too much...

    haha...I'm pretty sure I don't sell kuih bahulu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrian Hew31/1/09 9:34 pm

    I forgotten what they sell there LOL... U sure they sell kuih bahulu?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place is gone! O.o

    ReplyDelete

Li Ann's Food Trail & Random Places


 

Copyright © 2011 All Rights Reserved li-ann.blogspot.com
Blogger Templates. Sponsored by Link Page Report Card