Friday, January 15, 2010

How could you be so heartless?

In the night I hear 'em talk, the coldest story ever told
Somewhere far along this road he lost his soul
To a woman so heartless
How could you be so heartless?
How could you be so heartless?

- Heartless by Kanye West

Yesterday as I was browsing through the news online, I read a heart wrenching story of a man. Heartless act of a son and daughter-in-law.

I cannot imagine doing that to my dad or having anyone I know who would do such a thing. It really baffles me. What were they thinking? No matter how troublesome or annoying the situation may seem, at the end of the day, he is family and doesn't that mean something?

Someone who has been there since the day YOU were born, someone who took care of YOU no matter how annoying and rebellious YOU were, someone who worked all his life so that YOU can buy anything YOU want... Surely there is something else that YOU can do to compromise. You are an adult not a child. Can you think sensibly?

The news has been pretty gloomy the past week. I had wanted to blog about my feelings but refrained. They are pretty sensitive issues. But reading this story was just too much. We don't need opportunists who add more salt into the wound and we don't want to hear about ungrateful people.

Respect. Peace. Love.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Li Ann's Food Trail & Random Places


 

Copyright © 2011 All Rights Reserved li-ann.blogspot.com
Blogger Templates. Sponsored by Link Page Report Card