Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pasta Zanmai @ Mid Valley Megamall


I am so freaking backlogged with blogging about food! [This is becoming a food blog???!!!] Anyway this post dates way back to August on one of my trips to visit Adrian in PJ.

What comes to mind when someone says fusion? In terms of food that is. Probably Asian food served Western style....or Western food that comes with rice...haha...that's what I thought of anyway. Ever considered Italian + Japanese? I mean something like Japanese spaghetti???!!! That would never had crossed my mind. But that's exactly what they serve at Pasta Zanmai.



Adrian had pasta topped with unagi (eel) and eggs. Remember unagi don? Just replace the rice with spaghetti...ta-dah! Fusion! The combination works awesome! Well you can't go wrong with unagi kabayaki anyway. It's delicious on its own.



As for myself, I had a pretty refreshing combination of pasta topped with salmon sashimi (raw seafood) and ikura (salmon roe). If you like something not too flavorful like a simple salad, then this is just nice. This is cold pasta by the way and oh my...the salmon's really really fresh.

Pasta Zanmai is truly something unique and worth trying out. It's definitely different from the usual carbonara, olio, bolognaise or marinara spaghetti. Oh and did I mention that we didn't have to wait very long for our food in spite of the huge crowd? That's a real plus!

Location:
Pasta Zanmai
Lot F-051, First Floor,
Mid Valley Megamall

2 comments:

  1. hi, i really fall in love with your dish... but is Pasta Zanmai got halal cert? well, really important to me....lolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Akuzle, sorry for the late reply. I don't think they have the official certification.

    ReplyDelete

Li Ann's Food Trail & Random Places


 

Copyright © 2011 All Rights Reserved li-ann.blogspot.com
Blogger Templates. Sponsored by Link Page Report Card