Sunday, May 08, 2011

Langkawi Day 2.2 & Day 3


After the Mangrove Tour, Adrian and I had wanted to go to Mt. Machinchang where the cable car and the curved suspension bridge were. I was looking forward to that! Unfortunately, the cable car was down for maintenance. That leaves one of the must-dos in Langkawi for my next visit.

So instead, we drove to Pantai Cenang where Underwater World Langkawi is located. There was a reptile exhibition at the entrance followed by some birds exhibition. Moving on you will see large aquariums. I feel that the visit wasn't really worth it. There was only one very short underwater tunnel where the photo of the penguin above was taken. That was the only penguin swimming that day. The others were just hanging around on land.



The only sea creatures I was really interested in were the seals at the very beginning of the tour, penguins, stingrays, sharks, a huge rock-like fish and cute little jellyfishes. Watching the sea creatures swimming about, I really feel that the aquariums were not big enough. I kinda pity them... 

Well maybe I didn't really like the place because it was dark and photos didn't turn out nice :P



We spent the rest of the evening at the beach. I didn't like the beach either...too many stones, shells and prickly stuff on the beach. Stepped on a really sharp shell. Lucky me I stepped on it with my heel so it just bled a little. Overall, I guess I was really disappointed that I didn't get to go on the cable car :(


Other than that, food's really cheap while alcohol's even cheaper. Not the place for seafood though.


Lastly, before leaving Langkawi, we just had to go get some duty free stuff. I definitely recommend going to Langkawi Fair Shopping Mall for chocolates. There's more variety and the price is much lower compared to the duty free shops at Pantai Cenang.

Here's some details on prices and rates:
Car rental - RM 80 per day (Viva auto)
Ferry - RM 23 one way from Kuala Kedah
Taxi - RM 18 one way Alor Star to Kuala Kedah
Mangrove Tour - RM 120 per person inclusive of transportation to and fro and lunch at floating restaurant
Underwater World - RM 28 per entry
Johnnie Walker Black Label 1L - RM 75 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Li Ann's Food Trail & Random Places


 

Copyright © 2011 All Rights Reserved li-ann.blogspot.com
Blogger Templates. Sponsored by Link Page Report Card